Hybrid solar panel systems are similar to on grid solar systems but use batteries to store energy for later use. This ability to store energy enables most hybrid systems to also operate as a backup power supply during blackouts, similar to a UPS or generators (Uninterrupted Power Supply).
Technically, hybrid solar panel system refers to two generation sources such as wind and solar. However, the term “hybrid solar panels” refers to solar and battery storage which, unlike off-grid systems, is connected to the electricity grid. Hybrid systems have the following benefits.
Advantages of having hybrid solar systems
- The ability to store solar energy for later use.
- Use of solar energy at peak usage times when grid energy is expensive.
- They can be used for advanced energy management.
- Enables energy independence.
- Ability to operate as a backup energy source instead of a generator
- A great way to reduce power consumption from the grid.